At Belton Playgroup we follow the 4 guiding principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework:
- every child is a unique child who is constantly learning and can be resilient, confident and self-assured;
- children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers;
- children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates.
The EYFS seeks to provide:
- quality and consistency in all early years settings, so that every child makes good progress and no child gets left behind:
- a secure foundation through learning and development opportunities which are planned around the needs and interests of the individual child and are assessed and reviewed regularly;
- partnership working between practitioners and with parents and/or carers;
- equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice, ensuring that every child is included and supported.
The framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision, including children with special needs and disabilities.